Washington State Farmers Market Association
Farmers Markets –
Exploring Washington’s Many Flavors
Thursday, February 4 – Saturday, February 6, 2016
at the Olympia Red Lion, in Olympia, WA
About the Annual Conference
The WSFMA Annual Conference is the only statewide event in Washington that brings together farmers, market organizers, policymakers, government agencies, nonprofits and community organizations to focus on the vital role farmers markets play in connecting us all through shared values - healthy eating, farmland preservation, vibrant communities, and economic development.
Farmers market managers and board members experience unique opportunities for networking, education and training, access to industry product and service providers and technical assistance: the tools needed to operate stronger farmers markets and provide better opportunities for direct-selling farmers and vendors.
Many farmers in Washington rely on strong farmers markets to build and strengthen their farm businesses. Conference workshops targeted to farmers provide vital information to help improve direct marketing skills, boosting sales and increasing income.
Conference attendees will experience:
- A brand new, thought provoking, informative selection of general sessions, workshops, interactive platforms, and activities lead by industry professionals;
- Unique, structured networking opportunities, social activities and tasty, locally sourced meals;
- Opportunities to forge and sustain lasting relationships with peers and industry leaders;
- A celebration of the individuals and organizations that contribute to a strong, vibrant farmers market culture in Washington State;
- Access to exhibitors that share a passion for the farmers market industry, providing support related services, products and event sponsorship.
Who Should Attend?
- Market Organizers and Board Members
- Direct-Selling Farmers
- Policy Makers
- State Agencies, Nonprofits and Food Access Partners
If you would like to receive more information about the 2016 conference and join the WSFMA listserve, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you in 2016!
Support for this conference has been provided by the USDA Farmers Market Promotion Program (Grant 14-FMPPX-WA-0173) and the WSDA Specialty Crop Block Grant Program.