Become a Member
Become a Member - Apply Today!
The WSFMA is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to supporting vibrant and sustainable farmers markets in Washington State through member services, education and advocacy.
2013 Membership Application
2013 Application Instructions
To be a Farmers Market Member of the WSFMA, markets must:
- Operate a farmers market in Washington State with a minimum average of 5 farmers per market day;
- Adhere to the “Roots Guidelines;”
- Carry commercial general liability insurance with WSFMA name an Additional Insured;
- Complete an annual membership application, including 2013 Member Contract; and
- Pay membership dues.
WSFMA Farmers Market Member Benefits
- A voice in Olympia on issues and policy that impact farmers markets and direct-marketing farmers
- Immediate participation in a large network of farmers markets, farmers, support groups and policy makers all working to help strengthen agriculture, food access and markets
- A vote to choose the Board of Directors
- Opportunity to help shape WSFMA by helping on a committee
- Access to affordable, comprehensive general liability insurance for farmers markets
- Listing in and Complimentary Copies of annual print Membership Directory
- Online Directory listing with search and map functions
- Member use of WSFMA logo on web and print materials
- Access to WSFMA web resources
- Email notification of updates, legislative and action alerts on important issues
- Discounted registration fees for Annual Conference and regional workshops
- Grant access and project support through WSFMA partnerships
- Farmers Markets Today magazine group discount subscription
- Access to resources and technical assistance through staff, volunteer Board and expert referrals
- NEW in 2013! Discounted joint membership with the Farmers Market Coalition
- NEW in 2013! Access to new Members Only listserv
WSFMA membership dues are based on total gross vendor sales from the preceding season. New, single start-up markets enjoy a special fixed New Market Member Rate of $150.00.
Please leave a message for Jennifer Brown, Staff Administrator, at (206) 706-5198 or email at email@example.com.
WSFMA Membership – Sustainability and leadership for tomorrow’s producers and farmers markets today